It’s Christmas! (Well, almost.) So, obviously, I just had to visit my nearest Christmas Market to get me in the festive mood. I popped to Nottingham’s very own Winter Wonderland a couple of weekends ago, and I thought I’d share some pictures in a little photo diary. Hope you enjoy!
I know I mentioned recently (here, in fact) that I’d made a list in Word of all the Christmas Markets I’d love to visit this year. So far, the only one I’ve ticked off the list is Notts. And let’s face it, it’s probably a tad too late to tick any more off, isn’t it? But, Nottingham’s Winter Wonderland still has plenty to offer:
• There’s an ice rink, which you can see below. It’s got a lovely Christmas tree right in the middle. (Which I would undoubtedly skate straight into if I dared to try and conquer the ice…)
• And there’s an ice bar, which was absolutely packed. So, we popped to Starbucks before we came home instead!
• There are heaps of food stalls, with: tons of waffles, roast potatoes galore, and the delightful Nottingham delicacy of mushy peas.
• For the thrill-seekers, there’s a little fairground, which seemed pretty popular on a bustling Saturday night!
• Fake snow occasionally falls from the sky as you’re walking around too. Seeing as it had genuinely been snowing quite a lot the day before, we were fooled into thinking it was real!
Anyway, I’m going to shut up and let you look at the rest of photos instead!
If you’d like to wander down to Nottingham Winter Wonderland, the Christmas Market itself is running until Christmas Eve, while the rest of the Winter Wonderland is staying until 31st December.
Nottingham Winter Wonderland,
Old Market Square,
Liked this post? Find all my other Christmassy ramblings here!