How has Christmas already been and gone? It seems like five minutes since we welcomed the new year in, and now it’s almost time to do it all over again!
I said in my last post that there’d be a post about our Christmas, so here it is! And, to be honest, it was: quiet, low-key, uneventful – Basically, just what we all really needed after a stressful year.
When it came to editing the pictures for this post, I was quite taken aback by how few photos I’d actually snapped. I sat staring at Lightroom, aghast; convinced I’d been more snap happy than I turned out to be.
While I’m sure you’re not that desperate to see every single intimate detail of my day (like what my Christmas dinner looked like, because you already know what a Christmas dinner looks like, don’t you?) I thought I’d share a few little photos that I took along the way.
This year, I’ve tried something different too, which has the potential to go horribly wrong: I bought a disposable film camera to take most of my festive pictures on, and I’m quite excited to see what they look like/
desperately hoping they don’t look too crap.
Instead of me rambling like I’ve done for the last few paragraphs, I thought I’d break my Xmas day into a list, because you know by now how much I love lists, don’t you?
Here’s what I did on Christmas Day 2017:
• Published a blog post!
• Started reading the above book (Late to the party, I know.)
• Ate my bodyweight in food – Pretty standard Christmas behaviour, I’m sure you’ll agree.
• Opened presents – and was utterly spoiled. #onlychild
• Wore the softest pyjamas imaginable (a.) they were only £4 from Sainsbury’s b.) I spent most of the day wearing them. Sorry, not sorry.)
• Showered with Lush Snow Fairy <3
• Watched The Queen’s Speech, Only Fools and Horses, EastEnders, and then stayed up re-watching last week’s The League of Gentlemen specials.
• Napped through Mrs Brown’s Boys, and French and Saunders to try and shift a migraine.
• Listened to Magic Xmas for ages, and belted out my own rendition of All I Want for Christmas is You so badly that it scared my dog and I had to stop after two verses because he ran off and hid.
• Sat in front of the fire in my PJs well into the afternoon.
• Took a few photos (mainly film, rather than the usual digital.)
• Used a disposable camera for the first time in about 12 years!
• Actually restrained myself enough to leave the hoovering for a day (I’m OBSESSED with my Dyson… which is probably the saddest thing I’ve ever written, admittedly.)
• Let my dog fall asleep on my arm (after Mariah-gate.)
• Watched Doctor Who for the first time in YEARS.
• Left heaps of leftovers from my Christmas dinner (which Cookie definitely appreciated.)
• Ate my Christmas dinner in my pyjamas for the first time in 26 years (like the biggest slob in existence.)
• Opened all the windows on my beauty advent calendar in one go.
• Drank an entire teapot full of Bettys Peppermint Tisane to myself.
• Had the day off social media (A bit of a theme for me during 2017, I know.)
• Still watched the news. (Once a journalist….)
• Went to bed far too late.
• Had no concept of what day it actually was.
How was your Christmas?[pipdig_social_icons]
Liked this post? You might like to read some of my other Christmassy posts, which you can find here!