You might’ve seen in a couple of last week’s posts that I kept banging on about how unkind and individualistic I feel too many of us have become nowadays; and also how little we practise kindness, not just towards others, but ourselves too.
In today’s post, I want to do something to change that! So I’ve compiled a little list of ten things that you (and I) can do right now to help someone in need.
- Donate to a food bank! (Find your nearest here.)
- Volunteer! (Do-it.org will have an array of different opportunities near you – Find it here! And if you don’t fancy what they have to offer, why not see if your local hospital, hospice, or care home need volunteers?)
- Buy sanitary products for UK girls living in period poverty. (For every box that you buy for yourself, Hey Girls donate a box of environmentally-friendly pads to girls and young women in need. Find their website here!)
- Reach out and text a friend in need; especially if you haven’t heard from them in a while – Check in and see if they’re okay!
- Find a local independent business and buy from them. Show them your support! (Or find a great shop on Etsy and purchase something from there!)
- If you see a homeless person on the street, especially in the cold weather, why not offer to buy them a hot drink? (Or buy a suspended coffee for a homeless person from your nearest participating cafe instead? Find your closest one here!)
- Sponsor an animal! (There are plenty of options for animal-lovers, like: sponsoring a guide dog, wild animal, or a pet in need of a home.)
- Find your local animal shelter, and see if they need help walking the dogs or tending to the cats.
- Arrange a coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support (Sign up here!)
- Clear out your wardrobe, and instead of selling unwanted clothes on eBay or Depop, donate them to a charity shop!
Do you have any other kind ideas to add to the list?
Let me know in the comments!