Before we get on to the usual little happy list, I wanted to a.) cheekily ask you a favour, and b.) share a little bit of news with you…
I’ve been trying out a couple of new things with the blog over the past couple of months, but I’m floundering a bit. I know what I like writing about, but guessing what you lovely readers enjoy reading is a whole different ball game! In fact, it’s massively unpredictable.
So, I’d be eternally grateful if you could complete this teeny survey, which will ask you things like: ‘What would you like to see more of?’, and ‘What time and day do you normally visit the blog?’ It contains six questions, so it’ll only take a minute or two to complete!
Thank you in advance, lovelies.
(And if the box isn’t showing above, this link will take you to the survey!)
The New & Exciting Thing:
Now, you might remember AGES ago, I wrote a post about starting a newsletter? (Here it is in all its boring glory!) Well, a few of you signed up (so, thank you!) but errr… nothing happened. Things got in the way, and I never actually sent anything out. Until now…
This January, I was determined to revive the newsletter idea, and I have!
For now, it’s mainly going to be a roundup of some of the posts that have been on here, some occasional behind-the-scenes updates, news, and a monthly compilation of blog posts from other bloggers that I think you’ll love!
So, the Katie Writes newsletter is coming. On the last day of every month. If you haven’t already joined, and you’re interested, you can sign up here!
(You best get a move on if you want the January edition in your inbox on Wednesday morning, though!)
What’s Made Me Happy This Week?
- Getting a new coffee machine! And a milk frother too! So, I can make cappuccinos at home! (My first ever attempt is pictured above… I accidentally went a tad overboard with the ol’ cinnamon sprinkles. But that, coupled with my huge cinnamon candle, made my room smell AMAZING.)
- Buying a waffle machine! (Words cannot describe how happy I am about this! We haven’t tried it yet, but I’m sure you’ll be the first to know when I get my mitts on some tasty homemade waffles.)
- Making plans for February. (January’s been a bit bad. In fact, that’s putting it lightly, but I don’t like to swear around these parts. So, I want to at least try to have a happier February – and with tons of waffles, and pancakes as well, that shouldn’t be too hard, hopefully.)
- Finally getting the first email newsletter done. (See above!)
- Passing the 700 follower mark on Instagram. (Now, I know it’s not all about the numbers, and knowing Instagram, I’ll probably get 10 unfollowers as soon as I’ve pressed ‘publish’ on this post, but y’know – let’s celebrate the good while it lasts, eh?)
- My Papergang box being delivered, with lots of pretty stationery. And, my League of Gentlemen Anniversary Specials DVD arriving this week! (Did I mention I’m seeing them live in September? I’m very excited!)
- Spending time catching up on some of my favourite blogs.
- I also booked a ticket to my first ever opera! (I’ve got a theatre degree, so you’d have thought I’d have been to the opera before now, wouldn’t you?)
What’s put a smile on your face this week?