A bit of a throwback… To a time before I was even born.
I’ve been listening to a lot (and I mean A LOT) of 80’s songs this month. (I’m totally placing the blame on the new radio station that my radio’s tuned into at the moment: Greatest Hits Radio.)
There are also a couple of Pet Shop Boys songs thrown in for good measure too, because I realised that this month marks TEN YEARS since I saw them perform a medley of their songs (accompanied by Lady Gaga and Brendan Flowers no less!) at The Brit Awards in 2009… I won a competition from my local radio station if you were wondering.
So, even though I’ve no photographic evidence* and my memories of that event are getting hazier as time passes, I couldn’t resist reminiscing as much as possible about that wondrous night this month. (I was sat in a mezzanine directly above Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and everything.)
A few of the other songs that I can recall being performed that night are chucked into the playlist too!
Hope you enjoy!
*aside from the embarrassing selfies below that my friend Emma and I took in the hotel before we set off for the ceremony. We weren’t allowed to take cameras in with us, which as I’m sure you can imagine, killed me.
- Shut Up and Let Me Go by The Ting Tings
- West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys
- Hard To Beat by Hard-Fi
- Cracks Between by Ten Tonnes
- Suitable by Nick J.D. Hodgson
- Regret by New Order
- Rock The Casbah by The Clash
- Echo Beach by Martha and the Muffins
- Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys
- Sometimes by Erasure
- Denis by Blondie
- Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
- Disco Inferno by The Trammps
- Car Wash by Rose Royce
- What Have I Done To Deserve This? by Pet Shop Boys & Dusty Springfield
- Greatest Day by Take That (Gary Barlow totally waved at us when they sang that…)
- Electric Feel by MGMT
- Warwick Avenue by Duffy
- Acceptable In The 80’s by Calvin Harris
- Never Too Much by Luther Vandross
- Raspberry Beret by Prince
- Love Shack by The B52’s
- Got My Mind Set On You by George Harrison
- Our House by Madness
- Easy Lover by Philip Bailey and Phil Collins
- Poker Face by Lady Gaga
- All My Friends Are Falling In Love by The Vaccines
- Not Nineteen Forever by Courteeners
I hope we’ve honed the art of selfies a bit more since 2009…