Well, hello there! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. Seeing as it’s a fair while since I did one of these happy lists properly, I thought I’d quickly take you through what’s put a smile on my face this week! (If you care, that is…)
- More sleep! I keep banging on about insomnia, I know. I’ve had a few decent nights of sleep this week, and oh my, do I feel better for it!
- Writing a couple of new posts for Derbyshire Delights! I started off well at the beginning of May, and then life got in the way, sadly. So, it’s been really lovely to knuckle down and write a couple of fresh posts (one’s a photo diary and the other’s all about a cosy coffee shop) for my new ‘side project’.
- New books! I had a bit of a shopping spree and ended up in Waterstones, and then on Amazon later on too… I picked up a few reads that’ve been on my wish list for ages: Hashtag Authentic by Sara Tasker, On The Frontline With Women Who Fight Back by Stacey Dooley, Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge, How To Be Right In A World Gone Wrong by James O’Brien, and Dear Austen by Nina Bawden.
- Sunshine! There’s something about the sun bursting through the windows as soon as I open my eyes that puts me in a good mood for hours to come.
- Gavin & Stacey! I know I’m not the only one excited about this one! Unless you’ve been hiding in a cave or something, you’ll be aware of this week’s announcement that the programme is coming back for a Christmas special. I can’t wait to see what the characters have been up to in the past decade. (Now, who’s going to join me in doing a celebratory robot dance? Gavalar?)
- Blog birthday. Tomorrow this blog turns five years old! I honestly never imagined when I pressed ‘publish’ on that first post back in 2014 that I’d still be at this five years down the line…
- New music. I love popping into my Spotify Release Radar playlist on a Friday evening to discover some great new songs. Some of them’ll probably pop up in an upcoming playlist!
- Baking. It’s been an age since I last baked anything. (If we’re being honest, my last bake didn’t get rave reviews from my Mum in the form of: “this cake smells funny.” which deterred me, really.) I’ve had a go at baking some cookies following this Jamie Oliver recipe, which a.) didn’t smell funny and b.) tasted great. Onwards and upwards…
What’s made you happy recently?