Well, hello there! Hope you’ve had a lovely week. In all honesty, I feel like I’ve got little to say compared to last week’s edition of The Weekend Edit, which was quite the waffle. But, I’m sure I’ll think of something to ramble about – you know me.
I’ve been a bit quieter than last week, blogging-wise. It’s mainly because I started to feel a bit rundown and under the weather last weekend, and that seemed to run well into the week too. It also means I’ve got very little to update you on. Boring, I know.
And, hasn’t it been SO RAINY this week? Which means I haven’t been venturing out in the evenings with my camera, because, why would I? It’s been so bad that I’ve started to think that we’re heading into Autumn already… This week has had a distinctly October-ish feel, hasn’t it? Or is it just me that’s ready to crack out the cinnamon-scented candles, fairy lights, and chunky knits?
As an aside, I swear this is the first June ever where I’ve still been donning my Winter coat and scarf when I leave the house! The heating’s been kicking in automatically because the mornings have been colder than expected and I’ve been going to bed with a hot water bottle in hand. (Quite depressing compared to last Summer, isn’t it?)
On the plus side, I did start reading a new book, though! It’s Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng, which I’ve wanted to read for ages. I couldn’t resist chucking it into my Amazon basket when I saw that it was down to £2. It’s proving to be a gripping bedtime read so far.
Incidentally, I’m just finishing up a new post that’ll take you through my Summer reading list at the moment, so expect to see that very soon! (In all honesty, I’ve been chipping away at it for weeks!)
Anyway, let’s crack on…
What I’ve Been Listening To This Week:
- Greatest Hits Radio – Because I’m such a granny that I only listen to radio stations that play golden oldies now.
- Identifying Your Ideal Reader & Why It’s The Secret To Blog Success – Exciting Emails podcast.
- And, obviously, the rain pitter-pattering on the windows – that goes without saying…
Articles & Blog Posts That I’ve Loved This Week:
- It’s Not Difficult To Declare ADs So Why Are So Many Bloggers Still Failing To Do So? | The Bloglancer
- A Colourful 72 Hours In Marrakech | I Want You To Know
- Exploration In Colour | Pete Takes Pictures
- Music Festival Outfit Ideas & Primavera Sound On Film | Megan Ellaby
- The Day I Found My Partner Dead | The Guardian
- We Need To Stop Making Everything Into A Challenge And Remember The Importance Of Pressure-Free Hobbies | Rhianna Olivia
Have a lovely Sunday!
Before I sign off, there are a couple of posts on Katie Writes that you might’ve missed this week: Firstly I was banging on about needing to set clearer boundaries with blogging and social media, and then I wrote about a NARS product that’s tickled my fancy.