Well, hello there. Hope you’ve had a lovely week! Here are a few of my favourites from this week, because I honestly don’t have a lot to update you on…
These pictures are actually from last weekend, when I was obsessed with venturing out in golden hour with my trusty Canon 5D and nifty fifty to capture the beautiful light!
The Little Diary Bit
Hasn’t it been horrible and muggy this week? It’s been playing havoc with my motivation and productivity levels. Whenever it gets stuffy like this, I struggle to sleep, and as a consequence my mind goes foggy. It’s not great. So if I sound a bit discombobulated, that’s why!
I honestly don’t have a lot to update you on. This week, I’ve done nothing exciting or out of the ordinary. It’s all been rather quiet. So, let’s get onto some of my favourites from this week, shall we?
What I watched this week
- This Country (BBC iPlayer) – There was some really sad news this week about one of the stars, Michael Sleggs, passing away. Before that awful news came out, I was already re-watching the boxset of old episodes of this comedy gem on iPlayer. It’s a brilliant show that you should definitely watch if you haven’t seen it before.
- Two Doors Down (BBC iPlayer) – This fantastic comedy is one that no-one’s heard of when I mention it to them. I’ve been raving about this one for years, but it’s still quite the hidden gem. It’s a Scottish sitcom about a set of neighbours, basically. The neighbours are insufferable people, but hilarious with it. This is another one you should watch if you haven’t yet seen it. (You’ve got four series worth of episodes to catch up on, if you’re going to get into it!)
- dinnerladies (Gold on NOW TV) – Another sitcom to add to this list, dinnerladies is what I lovingly refer to as my ‘comedy comfort blanket’. It’s naturalistic, Northern bliss from the comedy genius that was Victoria Wood. It’s not just funny, it’s comforting to me, as odd as that sounds? dinnerladies is the show that I put on when I’m not feeling great, like this week. I remember watching it as a kid when it was originally broadcast in the 90s, but it still hasn’t lost its charm with a ridiculous amount of repeat viewings. If you’re yet to watch it yourself (really?), then give it a go!
Articles and blog posts that I loved this week
- What I Do When My Skin Is Freaking Out | The Anna Edit
- On The Cliffs | Olivia Bossert Photography
- Sitting Pretty | The Londoner
- Pinterest – Every Blogger’s New Best Friend | Oh So Lovely Helen
- The Best Nail Polishes To Wear This Summer | From Roses
- Switzerland Travel Diary // Summer 2019 | Brunch At Audrey’s
Blog posts from this week that you might’ve missed
Have a lovely weekend!