The Superdrug Bloom range is a selection of five fragrances that appear to have a striking similarity to Jo Malone Colognes.
The only Jo Malone Cologne that I’ve tried, and loved, is the Earl Grey & Cucumber (it’s one of those things that I always hope I’ll get as a present, if I’m very lucky on birthdays and at Christmas.)
Influencers everywhere love a Jo Malone Cologne, but can most of us mere mortals really afford them? No, we can’t. Superdrug have stepped in for those of us on a budget with their seriously cheap Bloom collection body mists. Incredibly, they’re only £2.99 for a 150ml bottle.
Are they worth the money though?
Superdrug Bloom Collection Fragrances: First Impressions
- I bought two different ones: orange rose and amber (pictured) and also driftwood and sea salt.
- I’m guessing that the former is a dupe of nectarine blossom and honey, while the latter is a dupe for wood sage and sea salt, perhaps?
- They do smell lovely, but not in an overpowering way. The driftwood and sea salt seems to last a little longer than the orange rose and amber, in my experience.
- Honestly, these are not going to last all day. They require top-ups throughout the day, as they wear off quite quickly. Jo Malone fragrances do last all day, but then you’re paying a lot more for it.
- Even though it didn’t last that long, for less than a fiver a bottle, can you really complain?
- The five fragrances in the Superdrug Bloom body mist range are:
- Orange Rose and Amber, Pink Peony and Cashmere, Driftwood and Sea Salt, Dark Berry and Jasmine, and Mandarin and Lime Basil.
Superdrug Bloom Body Mists vs. Jo Malone Colognes:
I’m just going to list some of the differences to make it easy for both of us!
- Superdrug Bloom fragrances come in plastic bottles, and Jo Malone colognes come in glass bottles.
- Superdrug is cruelty-free, Jo Malone isn’t. (You can see the leaping bunny logo in one of the images above. More info about JM’s lack of cruelty-free status can be found here.)
- Jo Malone have 141 different fragrances. As I said before, the Superdrug Bloom range consists of 5.
- Each Superdrug Bloom fragrance costs £2.99 for 150ml. (Currently 2 for £5.) Jo Malone colognes are £50 for 30ml and £100 for 100ml.
Should you buy Superdrug Bloom body mists?
If you’re on a budget and you’d like to smell nice, I don’t think you can go far wrong with these body mists. Just be aware of the fact that they aren’t the longest lasting fragrances out there. You’ll need to spritz yourself regularly.
As far as I know (because it’s ages since I last went to a Superdrug store!) they only sell these online. If you’re interested, you can find the entire Bloom range on Superdrug’s website.
What other Jo Malone dupes have you tried?
Enjoyed this post? You might like other posts from The Frugal Beauty Edit too!