There are so many cleansers out there these days, but which affordable cleansers are the best?
My Top 3 Affordable Cleansers
Simple Refreshing Facial Wash
- The Simple Refreshing Facial Wash is £3.80.
- You get 150ml.
- It lasts for ages. We’re genuinely talking months here.
- A little goes a long way.
- This cleanser doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin or make my acne or rosacea flare-up.
- It doesn’t dry my skin out.
- It’s a very gentle, unscented cleanser.
- It’s a foaming cleanser and 100% soap-free.
- The Simple Refreshing Facial Wash leaves my skin feeling clean, soft, and looking bright.
- This face wash is also cruelty-free.
- It’s worth noting that Aldi do a dupe for 85p(!) but I haven’t been able to get my hands on it to try it and see if it’s as good as the Simple original.
- There’s also a foaming moisturising cleanser, but I feel that the refreshing one leaves my skin feeling cleaner.
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
- While this is a little more expensive than the Simple cleanser, The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser is still quite cheap at £5.50 for 50ml.
- It’s great for double cleansing. (It can be used by itself on your bare face, but it’s also a good makeup remover because it just melts your makeup when you rub it over your face.)
- It leaves my skin feeling very soft after use.
- My skin also looks noticeably brighter after I’ve used it.
- It’s quite a moisturising cleanser.
- There’s a slight scent to it, but it won’t aggravate sensitive skin. (It smells a bit like butter to me.)
- It’s got a melty, almost buttery, consistency.
- With it being 50ml, it’ll last you roughly a month, but I’d say it’s definitely worth a try.
Aldi Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser
- This is one of my favourite cleansers. It’s a perfect dupe for Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish.
- It’s a fraction of the price of LE Cleanse and Polish, and you get twice as much in a tube. (£3.99 for 200ml compared to £17 for 100ml!)
- One tube of this Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser will probably last you months.
- It comes in a box with a muslin cloth.
- It leaves my skin feeling very soft and looking bright and glowy too.
- It’s so much more affordable than similar hot cloth cleansers.
- There are several different varieties in the Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser range – all of the ones I’ve tried have been fantastic.
- The only downside is that it’s not regularly available. It’s usually a special buy, so if you see it in-store or online, grab one before it goes!
What’s your favourite affordable cleanser?